Sunday, May 31, 2009

Longest Coaster Ride in Second Life

Tortuga Shops and Amusements
.
Last night, I received an invitation from my friend Adrian Harbinger to attend the grand opening party of Tortuga Shops and Amusements. Tortuga is an amusement park and shopping area designed and owned by another friend, Annabelle Babii. Annabelle is one of the great builders in Second Life. I have heard said that she is among the top 5 builders, if not the top, in technical expertise and creativity. Her Tortuga is named for the Caribbean island that was the base of operations for the buccaneer pirates known as the Brethren of the Coast during the Golden Age of Pirates, the mid-seventeen century. Naturally, this sets the theme for the sim and its wonderful amusement park attractions. I enjoyed the dancing and the music but I took leave of the party as I was eager to see and ride the amusements.
.

Annabelle Babii, Creator and Owner of Tortuga.
My Good Friend Adrian Harbinger
.
Oh what fun I had. Among the amusements are bumper cars and bumper boats, a Tunnel of Love, and a swinging pirate ship which actually made me queasy and dizzy. But the main attraction is the Pirate's Gold Mine which claims to be the longest coaster ride in Second Life. This is a thrilling ride that must be experienced. Some of the fun highlights of the mine are pictured below. Setting midnight is recommended for the ride; but I found that setting sunrise works very well too. I highly recommend Tortuga Shops and Amusements. Its a great place to take a date or to go on a field trip with a group of friends (in which case everyone must ride the bumper cars and boats and go at it). I will surely go back. I've been through the Pirate's Gold Mine twice already, and I still want to do it again.
.
Climb Aboard for the Pirate's Gold Mine Adventure
.
Off We Go
.
This is going to be fun
.
OMG ... Barbecue Mariko
.
Now I know how it feels to be a steak on a grill
.After that, I could use a cool drink of water
.One cool drink of water coming up
.
Splash Glub Glub
.
What Next?.
YIKES! - I think I left my stomach behind
.
Nearing the End of the Ride
.
Back to Dancing at the Grand Opening Party


.
Tortuga Shops and Amusements:
.
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Tortuga/151/165/23


Adrian made a video of Tortuga, and its available on YouTube:
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment