Saturday, May 21, 2011

Graduation Day

Mariko Nightfire, Summa Cum Laude

Jaysun asked me how I felt now that I was finally graduating from college'Accomplished,' I said. Yes, I fulfilled the requirements for the degree and graduated with honors. But, I feel accomplished in having taken a major step in becoming the person that I want to be. My father frequently reminds me that all of us are works in progress and remain so throughout our lives.  Our values and character, talents and creativity, experiences and learning, and our ambitions and dreams are the artist tools with which we paint our self portraits upon a canvas of life's opportunities and choices. With a diploma in hand, I am preparing a fresh canvas for the next transition in my life, and I will apply my brushes with a now more critical eye. For that I thank my professors and classmates. And where will I look for inspiration that will  give depth and  meaning to my portrait? As always, in the love of  family. In the love of friends. And, most of all, in the love of God, who is the source of meaning for all of existence.

   
Graduation Party at Johnny's Pub

Enough prosaic displays of affected erudition. Graduation Day is Party Day. Dearest Leesa and Johnny threw a graduation party for me at Johnny's Pub. Many of my oldest and closest friends in Second Life came to celebrate with me. Most of them have known me since I was a freshman and that made the party so special. It was one of the happiest times that I have spend in Second Life. I'd like to thank Leesa Donner and Johnny Firehawk and all my friends who sent me such warm congratulations.

Click on the pictures to enlarge them for better viewing.

Celebration at my Heritage Park home courtesy of my dear friend Jaysun Dagger



No comments:

Post a Comment