Saturday, May 28, 2011

Mariko Magic: Fire and Ice


Some say the world will end in fire


Some say in ice.


From what I tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if I had to perish twice,


I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.


Fire and Ice by Robert Frost

A dear friend gave me this attitude provoking leather outfit as a graduation present. I liked it so much that I wanted to feature it in my blog and so went looking for an edgy sim for photo backgrounds. I took a peek at a new dystopian post-apocalyptic role play sim called Thinis and was just totally floored by its stark visuals of a world cleansed by nuclear fire. The opening stanza of the poem Fire and Ice by Robert Frost immediately came to my mind. I thought that it might be very evocative to juxtaposition the alternative ends of the world suggested in the poem - fire and ice. I hope that you like the results.



Click on the pictures to enlarge them for better viewing

This outfit is called XTC Constrictor Leather Catsuit. Constrictor was designed by Xaviar Thunders, owner of XTC Leather - Xaviar Thunders Clothing where it sells for L$400. XTC Leather makes realistic leather clothing for men and women. Constrictor comes with leather pants, gloves, and two leather tops - zipped and a sexy unzipped. My hair is from CaTwA and is called Reem Flexy Hair Style. Reem was designed by Catwa Clip and sells for L$250 per color set.

XTC Leather

CaTwA

Fire was photographed at Thinis
Thinis

Ice was photographed at Ethereal Nature Winter Market Place
Ethereal Nature Winter Market Place
.

No comments:

Post a Comment